Monday, November 14, 2011

Nunsense is Habbit Forming

We kick off this week with the newest in the Nunsense franchise: NUNSET BLVD!





Dan Goggin and Nunsense team have been in town for the past 4 weeks putting together a hilarious show. From the moment you walk in the theatre and see the towering set, the 5 savvy actresses (Deborah Del Mastro, Amy Washburn, Alexandra Kaprielian, Juliet Heller and Linda Dorsey) and of course Sister Kim and the band, you know you are in for a wonderful evening of theatre. Previews start tomorrow at 7:30pm and opens on Friday the 18th at 8:00pm at the Willows Mainstage in Concord, Ca across from the REI.



The only thing that could possibly make this better? The new speakers improving the Willows sound system! We've listened and finally accrued the funds. We have added 3 new high powered speakers in the house. "Can you hear us now?"


Over in our Campbell Theatre we have the WINTER WONDERETTES rehearsing. I peeked my head in this afternoon, and this show is coming along. Lois Grandi is directing and choreographing the production. The cast includes Lisa Drummond, Pam Khoury, Laurie Hedstrom and Diahanna Davidson. This will be a holiday favorite for the whole family. I'm pretty sure I heard some tap shoes doing a few shuffles on the stage.


As we creep into the holiday season I am reminded of all the joys in my life. I would like to take a moment and thank the Willows Theatre Company Staff and Patrons for your continued dedication. You are all an inspiration to me.



This week will be filled with lots of laughter on the stage. Behind the scenes we are continuing our casting process for the 2012 Season and hiring of Directors. 2012 is looking to be a season full of hits. David and I are finalizing the 2012 budget for our Board of Director's approval, hence the post so early in the morning. Yesterday and today I was updating webpages on our website, and trying to clean up the appearance as well. On top of budgets, casting, websites I did find a few moments to make sure I could catch a little of NUNSET BLVD tech. Rachel is getting ready for our WinterStage program, and Sara, our Box Office Assoc, is stuffing season ticket envelops with all the goodies. Every designer is currently looking over their last minute notes for NUNSET and continuing their work for WINTER WONDERETTES. All hands are on deck, and I am so proud of the staff’s hard work.



I am looking forward to the opening of NUNSET BLVD this Friday at the Concord Mainstage. See you at the theatre!



-Eric Inman


Artistic Director

No comments:

Post a Comment